Our next public training event begins in...
Get FinOps Certified
The FinOps Certified Practitioner training is a great way to prepare for the FinOps Practitioner certification: it covers FinOps Fundamentals and an overview of key concepts in each of the three sections of the FinOps lifecycle: Inform, Optimise and Operate.
Our training includes
- FinOps Foundation Accredited Certified Practitioner Training
- Digital video and course materials for study
- FinOps Practitioner Exam Voucher
- O’Reilly cloud FinOps book by J.R Storment and Mike Fuller
- Custom FinOps T-shirts and extra goodies
What will you learn?
FinOps Concepts & Basics
Topics of this section
- The Challenge of the Cloud and the economic impact
- What is FinOps?
- Adopting FinOps
- The FinOps Framework
- FinOps Principles
- FinOps Personas
- FinOps Teams
- FinOps Domains & Capabilities
FinOps Practice & Lifecycle
In this section we dive deeper into the FinOps Lifecycle.
Topics of this section
- Inform Phase: This phase is where you start to understand costs and the drivers behind them. By giving teams visibility into their costs on a near-real-time basis, you drive better behaviours.
- Optimise Phase: This phase institutes measured improvements to your cloud and sets goals for the upcoming operate phase. Cost-Avoidance and cost optimisation targets come into play.
- Operate Phase: Where the optimise phase sets the goals for improving, the operate phase sets up the processes for taking action.
- Motivations & Common Language
- Anatomy of a Cloud Bill
- Running a FinOps Team
- Maturing FinOps
Who Should Get Certified?
The certification is designed for those who wish to hold a position on a FinOps team, support FinOps and cloud financial management, or if you support FinOps teams as consultants, vendors or trainers.
Organisations that are adopting a cloud-first strategy or who are migrating to cloud will also benefit greatly.
You will develop an understanding of FinOps, its practice areas, and how it is applied to enhance business value from cloud spend.
The course is instructor-led, either on-site (if purchased by a single organisation), or virtually.
Your lead instructor will be a Certified FinOps Professional with real-world FinOps Experience.
They are supported by experienced and certified practitioners who will facilitate the sessions.
Included in the training is a voucher to complete your FinOps Practitioner certification by taking the exam.
A full refund will be provided on the actual cost of the course, provided we receive notification of cancellation at least 7 days prior to the course date. A 50% refund will be provided up to 48 hours prior to the course date and cancellations received less than 48 hours before the course, are not entitled to a refund.
In the event of a course requiring rescheduling due to instructor illness or unavailability, the cost of the course will be refunded in full, or alternatively rescheduled at a mutually acceptable date.